[Healeys] Bonneville Healey

Patton Dickson 57healey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:35:48 MST 2007

I have heard that story before, and it still amazes me.  Is it that
the salt damages all of the cars that bad, or did they just not care?
You would think it would have been worth something even for scrap.
Of course in 57, I doubt anyone thought of the collectibility of the
cars.

I would thing the motor would have at least lived on (it was a turbo
charged 100-Six motor, correct???).  Anyone know the specifics of that
(head, turbo, carbs, ect)

There is a picture in the Moss catalog showing the car in front of the
Warwick Showroom, so it had at least some kind of post record PR life.

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com - Plano, TX
1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out."