[Healeys] This would be hell...

John Sims ahbn6 at optonline.net
Sat Nov 10 14:37:37 MST 2007

All related to a BN6

1. Removing/replacing the bolts/washers/nuts on the air cleaners on a BN6 -
HD6 carbs.

2. Replacing the right angle drive.

3. Removing and replacing the lower radiator hose especially if equipped
with a heater.

4. Correcting any work done by the DPO.

5. Bleeding the clutch slave cylinder UNLESS you have Mr. Finespanners
extension (a shameless plug but the thing has removed this job from an 18
swear word job to one in which I don't swear and have no reason therefore to
have a martini to calm my nerves. (Why, oh why did I do it - HA!)

6. Trying to trace any electrical problem in the dash.

7. Installing new exhaust down pipes when the bolts are frozen into the
exhaust manifold. Only time in my life I thought that having small hands was
a blessing. Boy was I wrong. I finally gave up and just pulled the carbs,
intake and exhaust manifolds and then had the proper clearance. Then, refer
to item one above!!!!!

I could go on and on but it is time for dinner. Nevertheless, I still get
tremendous joy from spilling my spleen working on my honey, telling my wife
to close her ears if she doesn't like my language, bandaging my bleeding
hands and drinking my martini. My wife can always tell the difficulty of any
Healey job by the number of words she hears, the number of band aids used,
and the shrinking level on the Tan query bottle.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com