[Healeys] Heater BJ8

James Sailer BJ8Healey at msn.com
Sat Nov 10 08:28:13 MST 2007

Morning folks,

Seems my heater started leaking yesterday .. too bad as it is great cool
driving here in Idaho .. (with snow on the way this week) .. maybe one of the
last weekends ...

So .. although I had my heater out when I did the nut-and-bolt resto on my
car, I took it out with the dash removed etc .. and now the extraction repair
will be a little more cumbersome ..

I am not sure if the leak is heater, or control valve or gasket ... so I was
going to investigate this afternoon with a mirror but am not sure I will see
the leak ... is it just as easy to remove the whole unit and then pressure
test? .. I am assuming that changing the heater control valve (if that is the
culprit) is a job best done with the heater out anyway ..

Any list wisdom would be appreciated.

Jim Sailer

66 BJ8