[Healeys] Cockpit Insulating revisited

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Nov 10 07:03:10 MST 2007

I paid about $3.00 for enough 1/4-inch thick double-sided aluminized mylar
faced bubble-wrap insulation to insulate the whole cockpit, including both
sides of the transmission tunnel.  Bought at my local home improvement store
and glued in (everywhere except the floors) with Weldwood Contact Cement in
1999.  It's still in perfect shape, with no loose edges (I just had the
tranny cover off to work on the overdrive).
Together with sealing the firewall leaks and replacing the seals on the
fiberglass cover, this eliminated the cockpit heat problem.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA