[Healeys] Fender Bead Idea

Mark and Kathy mgtrcars at galaxyinternet.net
Fri Nov 9 21:26:19 MST 2007

As I was comparing the MGA to the Healey the other day I was looking at the
similarities between the 2 vehicles.

One thing that was interesting was that MG used plastic (non corrosive)
fender beading, while Healey used polished metal.

Has anyone tried the plastic (black or silver/grey) on the Healeys in hope
that it may offer a little extra protection between the fender flanges where
the different metals come together.  The plastic beading is about an inch and
a half wide so they would cover the flanges quite thoroughly.

I'll let you know how it works. (not original of course, but should work OK).

Mark