[Healeys] Trunion camber quesry

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 20:44:42 MST 2007

The effect of shortened arms on the front shocks would be to change the camber
from positive camber towards negative camber. Since every frame is slightly
different (and they are not always the same on both side), its hard to say
exactley what a 3/16th inch change would make. My off the cuff guess is that
you would get about a 2 to 3 degree change. You need to use a camber guage to
see exactly what you have after you bend the arms. For racing you would like a
bit of negative camber. Depending on the particular Healey race car -
somewhere in the neighborhood of one to 1 1/2 degrees of negative camber. For
the street, I would suggest zero camber.  Richard Mayor, 1959 BN7 vintage
Racer #466
  > Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:09:43 -0600> To: healeys at autox.team.net> From:
peter at nosimport.com> Subject: [Healeys] Trunion camber quesry> > What would
the effect of a shorter front shock arm, say 3/16 per arm, > be on the camber
of a Healey.> > Would it be desirable for anyone?> > Thanks> Peter C>