[Healeys] backup fuel pump polarity

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 5 11:23:49 MST 2007

Tom:

If you use a plastic bodied pump with 2 leads, the electrics / electronics
will be isolated.  You can then connect for whatever the car's polarity is
without problems.  In addition, if you ever decide to change the car's
polarity, the pump can still be used - simply interchange the leads.

If you wish to use a metal bodied pump, and you want to leave the car POS
ground, you will need a pump that is manufactured for POS ground
applications.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8

(both converted to NEG ground, both using plastic bodied pumps)