[Healeys] oil mess on the way back from Conclave

Alan Seigrist Blue 100 healey.nut at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 06:11:16 MDT 2007

Ned -

When your car gets very hot and is run for a very long time, crankcase
pressure can build up.  When this happens it puts the whole crankcase under
pressure causing oil to seep out of the various gaskets, etc.  You will get
alot out of the rocker cover because with the high crankcase pressure, it
can result in oil taking longer to drain back into the crankcase from the
rocker arm assembly.

This is why later model cars of this era have a PCV valve - this valve
basically helps to relieve the pressure in the block, reducing oil leakage.
You ma consider putting a PCV valve on your car, Norman Nock sells a PCV
valve conversion kit - it's cheap.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1