[Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 1, Issue 85

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Sun Jul 29 22:03:45 MDT 2007

Bob,
I need to hunt up some other pix to better cover the beginning of the story.

The side-draft SUs are my original HD6s converted to vertical float bowls
which I bought from Joe Curto. They fit a lotta different carbs and are
symmetrical in any direction, unlike the semi-downdraft versions. This
allowed me to put the float bowl for each carb on whichever side of each
carb.

The choke lever and trunnion bracket were bent so that the lower trunnion
would clear the side of the float bowl. And I had to cut off the rear
operating lever lower eye as shown in one of the pix--in order to clear the
steering column.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA