[Healeys] Aluminum door trim fastener

linwood rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Sat Jul 28 05:34:02 MDT 2007

Andy,
I wrote to Rich because he knows his stuff. I copied the list because
in this case, I have not seen this particular code before, and
thought others might benefit from Rich's knowledge. There is a
reference guide in the back of the Anderson Moment Restoration book.
I have not yet heard from Rich. Your analysis of the letters makes
sense. However, I am guessing that the numbers mean #8, and 3/4."
Although 3/4" seems a little long for the particular application. I
await the delivery of the answer from the "all knowing." He has never
steered me wrong and he even puts up with my bolt-on modifications.

Ed Driver's AH Spares reference helps (appreciated Ed) but it does
not include the dimensions of the screw. I would rather not have to
order only 6 screws from Great Britain.

Someone else on the list has put together a VERY NICE summary of all
the fasteners. I don't recall who at the moment. Andy if you need it
I can find it when I return from vacation in about 10 days and send
it to you.

Thanks, Rich!

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration