[Healeys] Overdrive inhibitor switch

Peter Linn greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 28 00:43:01 MDT 2007

G'day list

I have a problem! My BN1 is leaking gearbox oil through the overdrive
inhibitor switch. I've already had the switch apart once, replaced the "O"
ring on the plunger, and generally gummed up between the switch body and the
case with Stag. It's been OK for a few months, but yesterday the overdrive
refused to engage and, yes, low oil again.  There's a drip about every 2 min
10 sec from between the plastic inner body of the switch and the metal case,
which I estimate means about 170ml in 24 hours, or over a litre in a week -
and that's just standing in the garage! I couldn't find anyone who makes these
switches - any ideas, on a new one or a permanent fix?

Cheers

Peter Linn
Brisbane
BN1 Ward Spl coupe