[Healeys] Tranny Question - Not LBC though

Brashear, Jack, N JNBrashear at garverengineers.com
Tue Jul 24 10:27:41 MDT 2007

I All, I know nothing about the transmission and/or driveline in my
wife's '98 Crown Victoria except that it has recently begun to have a
very brief but shuddery vibration about the time it shifts into
automatic OD while the car speed is increasing.  Switching the OD off
doesn't change anything.  Oh yes, about 107K miles on this otherwise
flawless car.  There doesn't seem to be any other problem except that
this momentary shudder makes us wonder what might be coming up.  The
stock answer from any Ford or independent trans place has been "...you
need to have your transmission rebuilt..."  I don't necessarily buy into
this but if there is any feedback from more knowledgeable listers, I'd
like really to hear it.  Geeez, Healeys and Spridgets are Soooo much
easier to deal with....  Many thanks,

Jack