[Healeys] New photos/videos

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Mon Jul 23 15:32:30 MDT 2007

In a message dated 7/23/2007 5:05:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gbrierton at hotmail.com writes:

The rather large grocery chain "Lowes" here in the Southeastern US has a
Green Stamp program.  It's the same old "S & H" green stamp company that I
remember from my youth in Illinois (in the '40's!)

In a previous life I used to be in the cemetery business in Miami, Florida
and we also sold bronze memorials.  One of our suppliers, Gorham Bronze,
furnished us with S&H Green Stamps for every marker that we sold and I would have my
employees dutifully lick and paste the stamps into books and save them.  I had
bushels of books.

When in 1987 it was announced that S&H was closing its Miami redemption
office I gathered all the books into boxes and went to the store to cash them in.
I remember thinking whether I should seek a new Corvette or perhaps a trip to
Hawaii or the like.  I came away with a collander and a set of Tupperwear.

Best--Michael Oritt