[Healeys] Driving in the Rain

Dave & M rusd at sitestar.net
Sat Jul 21 06:44:38 MDT 2007

Not trying to start an argument. The original description indicated
that if the drive wheels lose traction, the car will try to accelerate.

All of the speed controls that I know of attempt to maintain a set
road speed indirectly via driveshaft or wheel rpm. If a loss of
traction caused an increase of wheel speed, the speed control would
decrease wheel speed to the original intended setting. It would NOT
cause any increase above the original set wheel speed, thus NO
acceleration. However, it would NOT decrease wheel speed either, which
might complicate the problem, since reducing wheel speed would likely
regain  traction & control. The basic recommendation is good.

A minor point, but wild acceleration would not be one of the problems.

Dave Russell

    _____