[Healeys] Wheels

Richard Hosmer rahosmer at citlink.net
Tue Jul 17 00:07:27 MDT 2007

My first Healey was a BN7 3000 Mk1, red with gray interior, having disc
wheels and without OD (the usual configuration for the "standard" model,
which was a bit cheaper).

I wish it had not gotten wrecked - the quality was flawless, EVERY inspector
on the line must have checked it out - a far cry form my current BT7
tricarb, which was SURELY a Monday or Friday car - just not the same degree
of fit/finish at all.

Healeys with disc wheels are NOT common, nearly everyone bought the "deluxe"
version, with wires and OD. As to converting from disc to wire, I BELIEVE
the rears are easy, perhaps as simple as just discarding the splined adapter
which bolts (?) to the drum - but the fronts appear to require quite a bit
of fooling around with a number of (just very slightly different) parts.

Also, I cannot believe DMH would have fooled with two different width rear
axle assemblies. I do not believe that theory is supported by the shop
manual.

Dick Hosmer