[Healeys] TYRES or TIRES

sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Thu Jul 12 20:02:26 MDT 2007

FYI most tyres now have a 'wear indicayion' number on the sidewall. This is NOT
directly linked to wear but when tyre to tyre comparisons are made to
the 'standard test' it should represent wear subject to how the individual
car/driver/roads are used. The other aspect of this number is an indication of
rubber softness which CAN/MAY indicate stickyness and handling.Now that we know
about the downfall of tyre aging it is worth considering good sticky tyres for
handling,braking and safety as it is not much value to dispose of aged tyres
with full treadNumbers I have seen for my road GM ( Holden) vehicle are; 140
upto 280, with the low number being less wear. Also different tyres from the
same manufacturer are designed for different users and vehicles.
Your choice and your safety.
Joe