[Healeys] Pertronix

sbyers at ec.rr.com sbyers at ec.rr.com
Thu Jul 12 09:36:05 MDT 2007

Price, I don't have a Pertronix and my BJ8 is negative ground, but from your description I think you have your Pertronix wires crossed.

The "ignition switch wire" is the white wire to the coil.  For a positive ground car, this should connect to the negative terminal of the coil.  But you say you already have a wire "properly connected" there.

How 'bout if you removed the wire you have currently connected to the negative terminal of the coil and move it over to the positive terminal of the coil.  Then, connect your wire that is causing you confusion to the negative terminal of the coil (which should be the one going connected to the ignition switch through the white wire.

If you see any smoke when you do this, I've told you wrong!  ;^)

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC USA