[Healeys] High rpm's plus COOLING UPDATE

Richard Hosmer rahosmer at citlink.net
Wed Jul 11 11:54:05 MDT 2007

Jim,

I'd still prefer the theoretical method. With one simple measurement, two
minutes with the manual and perhaps a half-hour with a spreadsheet, you can
discover all you need to know, before hitting the road for a couple of spot
verifications.

Doing it "for real" entails a lot of variables - rock-steady throttle,
random differences in punching the watch at markers (a study once showed
that most of us were inconsistent, AND we often hit the mark before we reach
it) a police-free road, for any checking over 70MPH, extended running at
redline (in the lower gears) etc., etc.

Dick Hosmer