[Healeys] Napa, Pumps, and Filters (sort of long)

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:20:21 MDT 2007

Bob -

FYI....

>From personal experience carrying a points SU fuel pump in the boot as a
spare is literally "pointless."

After sitting in the boot for anything more than 12 months and I can pretty
much guarantee that the thing won't work.  If you do this, I suggest you
take the pump out every two to three months and connect it to power to give
it a work through, and then maybe it will last as a spare a little longer.
The points SUs really need to be in operaiton all the time to keep working.

By the way, the pump that Gary is referring to is plastic bodied, so it is
definitely switchable ground.  In fact it is just a body re-do of the old
metal square body pump which FACET made for years, which was switchable
ground.  If you pull up that pump on FACET's website it tells you it is
switchable ground.  I think the NAPA packaging is misinformative (that
sounds like a Bush-ism!).

Cheers!

Alan

'52 A90