[Healeys] FW: Conclave 2007, aftermath, BJ8 Trans

Grotenhuis 61bt7 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 19:05:37 MDT 2007

Don,

Your problem is that you weren't in 3rd gear just before making the sharp
left in the Sheraton back lot! I agree it was a fun course.  Results were
just posted at  <http://www.ahca-northeast.com/conclave.htm>
http://www.ahca-northeast.com/conclave.htm

My BT7 sideshifter has jumped out of second gear on occasion for as along as
I can remember (25 year owner), typically when transmission braking.  I've
replaced my synchros twice (for other reasons) and it has made no
difference.  I believe the problem is a worn 2nd gear assembly, not synchros
or ball-bearings/detents or sliding rods (the Nocks could confirm).

Neal G.

'61 BT7