[Healeys] FW: Conclave 2007, aftermath, BJ8 Trans

dgschwind at comcast.net dgschwind at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 10:12:19 MDT 2007

Hi, Listers,

    First we had a great time in Vermont. I did find a "new" car problem. In the gymkhana, as I braked for the turns at the end of the straight-a-ways the transmission would pop out of second gear. Completing the turn with the right hand on the shifter with my left hand (after a recent rotator cuff surgery) was not part of the fun and not conducive to fast times. It occured on each of the sharp turns. Neither my wife nor son had this problem. My son, after I told him about it declutched on each corner in his runs. I have not encountered this in normal even spirited driving before or on the 1000 mile return trip to Michigan. What are the likely corrections for this? Not that I intend to make a hobby of running Gymkhanas, but I do want it corrected. Are any fixes external to the box like linkages, trans mounts, etc.? Thanks in advance.
DON,    BJ8 Pandora