[Healeys] cooling

James Shope healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Sat Jul 7 09:31:13 MDT 2007

drove my friends tricarb to my house yesterday when temp here in vegas was 115
or so.  temp stayed below 212 as long as i was in town, but when cruising on
freeway temp went right on up to about 220plus.  it did not boil over when
shut off as i expected even though gauge went up to over 230.  car has a six
blade rigid fan.  would the fan spinning at high rpm stop airflow at higher
speeds?  car has air deflector but no idea of radiator age, condition of block
or accuracy of guage.  any ideas?    healeymanjim