[Healeys] Generator pulley

Warren Dietz flyhihealey at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 7 06:14:16 MDT 2007

Earl,

   My car# is 41574 built May 11-16 1967.  This past spring I wanted to
replace my "very old"
fan belt that has been on the car longer than I can remember and was very
deteriorated . So I ordered one from VB in the 1\2" size that is listed for
my car. When I got around to replacing the old with the new 1\2" one I
discovered that it fit high in the pulley. Realizing that the two belts were
different sizes I took the old one to Pep Boys and got a perfect numbers
match. The Pep Boys belt, Dayco Top Cog #15435, is 3\8" like my old one, fit
"in" the pully perfectly. The only difference is the new one is "serpentine"
style. Now I know the 1\2" belt would probably work, but it did not look
like it fit right?
  Do I have a 1\2" or 3\8" pulley ????

  WD  67 BJ8