[Healeys] emergency Fuel Pump

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Jul 6 17:43:57 MDT 2007

Gary, this info is a bit dated, but back in 1999 Rudi Markl posted to the
list several NAPA part numbers for different fuel pumps:

610-1050   4.0 - 6.0 psi; negative ground ($33)
610-1051  2.5 - 4.5 psi; negative ground
610-1052  1.5 - 3.5 psi; negative ground ($42)
610-1069  1.5 - 3.5 psi; negative or positive ground ($105)
610-1070  1.5 - 3.5 psi; negative or positive ground ($105)

There was no explanation for the difference between the last two.

I use a backup pump from Autozone in my BJ8, P/N E8016S, which is negative
ground and sells for about 40 bucks.  It comes with a filter in the inlet of
the pump.  I recently checked with Autozone and they still have this pump.

I used a plastic in-line filter from Wal-Mart.  Since I had already cut the
fuel line between the pump and carbs (under the rear seat) to install a
filter there some time prior, it was a simple matter to plumb in some
additional fuel hose to install the backup pump.  Photos of my pump and fuel
filter installation are available, as well as plumbing and electrical
schematics.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry