[Healeys] TYRE SIZE for RIM

Dave & M rusd at sitestar.net
Tue Jul 3 21:48:51 MDT 2007

Hi Joe,

In theory you may be correct. In reality, with radial tires which many
folks use, the tread tends to sit pretty flat but the sidewalls are
very flexible & so don't lend much to tire tread stability. Also,
inflation pressure affects the tread flatness very little on radials.

Radials feel down right squirmy  & always look under inflated when
compared to the other designs. Once you get used to the handling
quirks, they DO work very well although they have a rather sudden
breakaway when they let go. Much more so than a non radial design.

Many race tires are not radial & your concerns certainly do apply to
them. Many of us just prefer radials for street use.

Regards,
Dave Russell