[Healeys] Tire Recommendations? Yokohama

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Mon Jul 2 20:19:31 MDT 2007

Randall and John,

I too run the A321 on my BN7 and these tires are 6 years old.  Great tire.  Very good wet and dry traction, nice look, good wear behavior.  However, these are approx equal in diameter to the 165 which I think look a bit anemic in height on any BJ8.  If you wish to register a plea to Yoko I would definitely support it, but my personal preference would be, in order
     175/15 if they can do them - these are 75 aspect ratio right?
     185/70 15
The 175/15 as in the old Michs would look right on any big Healey from 100/4 through the BJ8.  Perhaps a plea to Mich to run those would be in order.  I am ready right NOW for tires for my BJ8, but the 165s look too short and narrow on my 5.5 inch wheels.

Just my .02
Keith Pennell