[Healeys] Napa Rotors

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 10:32:40 MDT 2007

Yesterday while getting oil for an oil change for my Healey BN7 (my choice:
Valvoline Racing Oil VR1 for the engine, Redline MTL 90 for the tranny, and a
Napa spin-on oil filter for my Smitty spin-on adaptor -- Napa Gold 1068, which
is a nice unobtrusive black color after the label is removed) I asked about
the EP44 and EP41 rotors mentioned on this list. They didn't have them in stock,
so ordered one and I picked it up later in the day. The only difference
between the two is that the EP41 has a plastic locating dimply projecting through
the brass.
Comparing them to my current stock, I found that both appeared to be similar
in design to the ones that we've been worrying about. Of more concern, both
were easily a quarter-inch shorter from center to end of contact shank than the
one that I have been using. Seems to me that their contact area is going to be
very insufficient.
Bottom line: I don't think Napa is a good source for rotors. I'm going to
check with Kip Motors tomorrow and see what they're offering now, since they are
the only source I know of right now for our distrib caps and I believe are
also having the old long counterweighted rotors made.
Cheers
Gary