[Healeys] Mounting driving lights

Tracy Drummond bighealey at charter.net
Sun Jul 1 07:28:35 MDT 2007

Bruce,

I cannot think of a way to pull off what you are attempting unless you do
not use the splash shield and make brackets that only connect to the inside
captured chassis nuts.  I use both the badge bar and a set of tie down
straps.  I mention the tie down straps since they occupy the only logical
mounting point for your brackets.

Suppose you could remove and remount the lights each time you go light but
then you would be doing a lot of light aiming. In fact I bet you would have
to re-aim each time even if they were to stay on the light bar.

Seems to me you would want the bumper (critter catcher) on at night.  One of
the main reasons I added driving lights was to see the critters when night
driving which I will do to avoid the heat sometimes.  On my return trip down
the coast from Nelson I was amazed at the variety of critters I saw with the
Lucas long range spots pointing to the shoulders of the road ahead.

Everything is a compromise. Perhaps you could come up with a custom splash
guard with cutouts to give the "permanent" lights mounted to the custom
mount on the inner fixing point's clearance.

Alternatively you could make brackets that hide under the splash guard so at
least you would not have to take those on and off.

Just thinking aloud while sipping my coffee awaiting the start of the F1
Grand Prix of France........Go Lewis !!

Make sense?

Tracy Drummond                  Gang Warily !
President AHCUSA              www.healey.org
VP/Events Director GGAHC  www.goldengatehealeys.com