[Healeys] 4 trim questions for my 100-4

Steven Mickelson stevemickelson at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 07:23:58 MST 2007

Hi William,

Re: your item 4:

On BN1L-156610, the trunk lid support strut bolts through the wheel well wall with two 1/4" diameter x 1"(+) hex head bolts (guessing 1-1/4" long), into the trunk.

I'm not smart about thread forms, but the heads are in the wheel well, there is a wooden spacer inside the trunk (on top of the carpeting) and the "Z-shaped" bracket is then retained by lock nuts.

Attached is first of four annotated photos with "A, B, C" type dimensions. [The photo will be stripped from the list].

I'll send the remaining three photos, dimensions and notes to you (only) in three subsequent emails.

Regards and Happy 2008.

Steve