[Healeys] Rear End Alignment

Ronald J. Ray ronald-ray at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 28 07:46:36 MST 2007

I have a possible similar problem with my BT7.

When I make a hard/fast right hand turn (which seems to be describe most
turns I make), it sounds like something is rubbing at the right rear tire
area.  It is clearly a rotating type sound, which goes away once the car is
moving in a straight forward direction again.

I've removed the brake drum and upon inspection every thing seemed to be
fine.
All bearings and bushings related to the rear suspension and axle are new
within 3 years.
The tires are 165, so not oversized at al.  And there are no signs of the
inner tire rubbing on anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Ron Ray