[Healeys] FRONT SHOCK ARMS vs. NEW UPPER TRUNNION BUSHES - WHATTABATTLE

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Wed Dec 26 09:32:09 MST 2007

Hi Jack,
I may be out of touch with what is currently available but I haven't seen
those upper outer bushes with a flange on them for years. The originals were
actually like that. All the ones I have used for the last 30 years have just
a plain solid tube through the center. I'm wondering if you may have the
incorrect bushes there.
I did a blog piece on nylatron bushes
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=103
And there is a drawing of the trunnion on the first page.
I think the important thing is that the steel tube in each bush needs to be
just a little longer than 1/2 the length of the hole in the trunnion.
BTW do be careful with the quality of the bushes that you use; there are
some about which use a split tube in the middle. They don't work well.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)
Bugeye (1961)