[Healeys] Insurance Coverage, the real value.

Ron Fine RonFineEsq at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 25 11:16:21 MST 2007

I don't usually get involved in defending my profession but this calls for
some response.  It looks to me like that Jag owner needs a "nasty lawyer" to
fight for him.  I assume that Farmers is the insurer of the Hummer which
re-ended the Jag.  The Jag owner may need to sue the Hummer driver for the
accident  to get the full cost of repairs.  Farmers will not roll over and
give the Jag the true cost of repairs without a fight.   It will take a good
"nasty lawyer" to win against Farmers in court, or even just negotiating.
Lawyers are never needed until you need one to fight for you.  Of course, if
you have a good insurance company like Hagerty, you could ask Hagerty to fix
the Jag under your collision policy and leave it to Hagerty's lawyers to go
after the Hummer driver for the subrogation claim.

Ron Fine