[Healeys] 100 Engine Help

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:21:49 MST 2007

Hi All -

Got the head off my wonky A90 and found out that one of the push rods is
bent.  I was thinking the noise was a spun bearing but now I wonder if it's
just that the PO put in a bonze valve guide recently.  I can't think of
anything else that would cause a bent push rod.  Ideas / thoughts?

Where can I get decent valve guides?

I also want to pull the caps off the crank bearings - any easy suggestions
for doing this?  They are a slight interference fit on the block so you can
pull them off by hand, unfortuantely.

Also, where can I get decent bearings and thrust washers for the motor?

Thanks!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1