[Healeys] Recap - Keeneland Concours d'Elegance (Kentucky) August 25th

scott willis ahpowered at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:21:21 MDT 2007

Hey folks,

For those of you interested...We had a blast Saturday at Keeneland. I
believe we had 11 cars in the group on the way up. I finally got to see a
Ferrari 275 GTB and a D-Type in person which are my two favorite cars of all
time.

Once again Keeneland pulled in Pebble Beach caliber cars. The marque
paddocks in the front lawn of the gorgeous Keeneland grounds made for a
fantastic show of drivers. These guys know how to host a show.

I would like to congratulate Bill and Sarah Richey in our club for their
first place in class win for their spectacular MG police car.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2179890270100422800GoRmGr
They beat out many high dollar rolling pieces of art with their "little car
that could". Bill drove up to accept the award wearing his Bobby hat. As
awards were being presented there were vintage planes flying overhead in
formation. It was fantastic.

Following the car show was the Hangar Bash at the air museum across the
road. This gala was filled with great food and spirits surrounded by great
vintage planes, new Porches and Ferraris.

Here are some videos I posted on Youtube of the day. More videos will
follow. Stephen White in the Lambo had 3 professional digital video cameras
so he will be able to put together something professional once again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1DZb_AOhJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQy3bDaYa4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7LMLoGH9I

Here is my Keeneland slideshow I posted on Webshots.
http://rides.webshots.com/slideshow/560438425MUHpQE;jsessionid=abcOWAF4zS0VQ9ogVSLsr

Webshots is FREE and I highly recommend you try it. It is a great way to
send photos to friends, family, post cars for sale, etc. You can upload a
whole file without saving images individually. Great!

Next year the show date moves up to 7-18-08.

See ya on the road.

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA