[Healeys] AHCA June Delegates meeting

John May jdmay at attglobal.net
Fri Aug 24 08:05:21 MDT 2007

The AHCA bylaws outline the proxy process for voting purposes, which is
specific to that organization.  On the general topic of quorum
qualificaton, Roberts Rules covers this in Article XI, Section 64,
second sentence, stating that "The quorum refers to the number present,
not to the number voting."  Although proxies are welcome and the process
for using them is sent to the delegates as a reminder prior to most
meetings, they count for voting but not for quorum.  That could be
changed by the delegates of course, through a bylaws change, but to date
they have not done so.  I hope this helps.
John