[Healeys] fuel gage/sending unit

Warthodson at aol.com Warthodson at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 06:45:28 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/22/2007 7:13:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
jsoderling at astound.net writes:

Seems like what you need is a shorter arm length to achieve the correct
reading at the tank bottom and when the tank is full.  Is there a way to
make that adjustment?  If not, how about bending the arm up at the upper 1/3
point and then bending down at the lower 1/3 point in a manner that
effectively shortens the arm length to achieve the correct readings.

A shorter arm does seem like the solution. On the Repro sending unit the arm
is held in place with a set screw & the arm has a flat spot that keeps the arm
from rotating. It might be possible to create a new flat spot on the arm &
shorten it. I think I will try bending it first to see if I can adjust the empty
reading & compromise the full slightly.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Gary Hodson