[Healeys] traffic indicator

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:51:46 MDT 2007

Colin -

If you have adjustable steering, it should pop right out.  Make sure the
wires on the other end of the steering column are loose (i.e. by the front
grill), if you plan on pulling the whole thing out be sure to tie a piece of
string to one of the wire's bullet connectors so that when you do pull out
the assembly, you have the string there to pull the wires back through the
stator tube when you reassemble.

Make sure the three grub screws are fully loose.  If it is still stuck, it
may be that the two pieces of the stator tube (on adjustable steering) are
stuck together.  If so, you can remove it all by loosening the olive nut at
the other end of the steering column and pulling the whole stator tube out.
Doing this is fine, but be careful not to lose the stator's brass olive
(remove it before pulling the stator tube) and be forwarned the steering box
will leak out all of the fluid when you do this.

Good Luck!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1