[Healeys] Owls Head Auction Healey Sold.

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Tue Aug 21 06:50:02 MDT 2007

James,
I just looked through all of the cars that were auctioned and the Healey
actually seems to have gone quite high in comparison to some of the
others.  Many of the '55 - '57 Chevies didn't sell and also cars of the
muscle car era, which at B-J would have been $300 - $500 K.
The other British stuff was fairly normal, though the TR-4 for $5,000
seemed a bargain.  I was actually surprised that an MG TD went for $21.5
K.  They haven't been doing very well the last few years. It also
appeared to be a bit off in color if it was supposed to be Clipper
Blue.  Perhaps the attraction was that it was an early one with the
solid wheels.  The MGA seemed to be a good price at $19.5 K.  They are
generally doing better than T series cars lately.
The A-H, I believe was the second highest after a Packard that went for
$120 K.
Charlie Baldwin
'62 A-H BT7, '52 MG TD, '60 MGA, '66 MGB