[Healeys] Sightints

John Sims ahbn6 at optonline.net
Sun Aug 19 14:57:07 MDT 2007

So here we are on vacation in Hershey, PA and we decided to go through the
AACA Museum to see some antique cars. Lo and behold, when we got into the
gift shop (like any attraction, you must go through it to exit the property)
hanging up on the wall is one half of a BN2. At least I think it was because
it had the fold down windscreen and indent on the rear quarter panel.
Anyway, it appears that it was fiberglass EXCEPT that the wire wheels were
48 spoke painted, and the sawed off part of windscreen looked genuine.

Interestingly, there was a docent walking through the property speaking with
people and when I expressed an interest in 50's sports cars, she mentioned
MG. She had never heard of an Austin Healey until I told her that a piece of
one was hanging on the wall.

Moral -- docents know only what they have learned word for word from a
brochure -- at least at this place.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com