[Healeys] Fw: What should I pay

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 16:47:26 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
John, asothers have mentioned at this price I suppose one could put up with
a little finishing, but it may be getting past the point where one would
want to be fixing things that were done wrong.

 Bill, fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether a
car  is right or not depends on the quality of the work done, I agree that
you don't want a car that is royally screwed up by the DPO, but don't agree
that the only way to avoid it is to get an unmolested original or nut and
bolt restoration(which can be screwed up too), or that a running restoration
will always be a marginal appearing and looking car , remember, the more you
take apart there is certainly more opporttunity both to fix and to mess
things up, just depends on the competency of the person doing the work.

 I repsonded to your post, but was addressing things I have read more and
more on lists forums and classic car books that seem to pretty much say that
the only way to go is full nut and bolt restoration, or buy a good car where
this has already been done.

 Greg Lemon
 54 BN1