[Healeys] Tranny hell

scott willis ahpowered at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 17:39:00 MDT 2007

Don't read unless you want to hear me bitch.

This is the follow-up to my locked tranny which I was so glad to have cured
of its ailments.

1. UGH! 118 degrees in my garage.
2. I got the side cover off and all looked great inside. The gear selector
now appears to work perfectly. I suppose somehow it just got out of whack.
All is well.
3. I custom made a gasket last night which took over an hour since I have no
skill or patience.
4. I got out of work early today and drove 35 minutes 5 miles through horrid
traffic to and get across town by 4pm before the only guy in town that sold
Redline closed. Whew, I made it! $58.00 for 5 qts of several fluids. OUCH!
5. When I got back home I was out of beer! Off to the store....
6. Luckily my wife had to take my daughter to dance recital so I had about
an hour to fill er up with the liquid gold elixir and take er for a test
drive.
7. I make a tool to get that OD drain cap off and it works well.
Interesting.
8. COOL! My gasket is holding about $45 worth of Redline great! No leaks!
9. I get in the car and go through the gears. WHAT??!! I cannot shift! Now
it will not shift into 3rd or 4th! UGH! Much cursing ensues.
10. Now I will just drink my beer and put together my new Doggon wheelchair
that arrived today for my old pal Calvin the 11 year old down in the back
Corgi.
11. Why do I love these cars?

Cheers,

Scott Willis