[Healeys] water tap handle

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Thu Aug 16 09:07:26 MDT 2007

I tried replacing the handle with brass but they kept bending or breaking
off. I think the original is 8-32 or something Whitworth nearly the same.

Personally (non-concours me) I bought a long 10-32 hardened Allen screw with
a long enough plain shank to cut to the length I wanted. Drilled & tapped
the hole, painted it to match. It's not tapered, but it won't be breaking or
bending anytime soon.

Tried to interest Dun-Rite Tool Co (from the North Texas Healey Club) in
adding these to his line of Healey bits--making the right shaped repro in
steel--sent him a drawing, but never heard back.
--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA