[Healeys] High oil pressure/aluminum sump

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 23:11:19 MDT 2007

Hi Listers:  Most extremely high oil pressure problems that I have seen are
due to problems with the oil pressure relief valve. The "bullet" or whatever
you call it can be incorrectly sized. That is, the skirt can be too long
which does not allow the oil to get behind it to get into the bypass
passage. Therefore, you will always have way too much oil pressure. This is
just one more case of replacment parts for our Healeys being "made in
???????".  The message here is : before replacing your old relief valve,
compare the new one with the old. Hope this helps with your problem.
Richard Mayor