[Healeys] Motor is Running/odd noise

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Aug 7 18:46:12 MDT 2007

I have the motor to my 100 re-assembled and after messing with the timing a
little it started last night.

The good news oil pressure came up pretty quickly and nothing is leaking.

However, there is a loud high pitched squeal when the motor is running so I
haven't done the 20 minute run in recommended for the cam.

My guess and hope is that is a vacuum leak, but I am not sure.

I eliminated to the possibility of water pump or generator by taking off the
belt and starting it up.

I have tightened to vacuum line, intake/exhaust manifold and carbs themselves
no difference whatsoever.

It does not make the noise when turning over with the starter, only when
running, I have not tested the effect of increasing revs because I am being
cautious.

I am hoping itis a vacuum leak, but am afraid it may be mechanical/internal.

I know that is not much to go on, but any advice or educated guesses would be
appreciated.

Also thanks to the list for helping me to get this far.

Greg Lemon