[Healeys] Help - BJ8 Leather interior kits ....recent experiences please....

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 21:14:00 MDT 2007

Hi Listers,

I am about ready to do the complete interior of my 65
BJ8 - finally .....starting with old hard ware.  My
dash wood/vinyl center is done, but not the top vinyl.

I have some questions to those of you that have
recently done or had done interiors on BJ8s using mail
order kits .... not full custom jobs.

1.  Which kit did you choose to use, and were you
happy with the fit, completeness, and color compared
to samples provided to you?

2.  what was the kit price ex shipping and what was
not inlcuded that you had to get elesewhere?  Did you
find it ok?

3.  were the hard panels pre-covered with vinyl and
did they fit the car/existing metalwork?

4.  I would appreciate your recommendations to me
based on your experience - either on list or off list?

Thanks, Robert, 65BJ8, calif.