[Healeys] Tranny and OD drain plugs

TERRY COLL coll44 at msn.com
Sun Aug 5 11:32:33 MDT 2007

Thanks to all for the info.  And more on the subject of lubricants was passed
along to me by a friend in the Triumph community.  Terry Coll  '64 BJ8

"Last night I was hanging out with my car buddies talking car stuff and the
subject came up on oil. Starting sometime soon all new diesel engines in light
trucks and cars will be required to have catalytic converters for clean air
requirements. As a result of this change they are removing the zinc from
diesel motor oils. All those guys who have been using diesel oil for their gas
engines will have to change to a racing oil or add zinc to non-racing oils.

This won't effect us if we use redline or any other racing oil, but once again
the oil companies are at it.  ALWAYS read the label to assure the oil you use
will protect your engine.

I'll forward any info. on this as I receive it. It doesn't get any easier,
does it. Tell your buddies too."