[Healeys] Tranny and OD drain plugs

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Fri Aug 3 18:45:23 MDT 2007

Hello all!

First thanks to Rich Chrysler for entertaining my questions today on the phone.

I am in the process of replacing the oil in the tranny and OD with Redline MTL.  I removed both drain plugs this afternoon and drained the oil.

Questions:  This OD drain plug is not the kind with the lobes but has a built in hexhead on it.  I have not seen these before.  What cars was this found on????  This car is a 59 BN7 production.

Also there is a donut magnet inside the OD drain plug.  Is that present in all the big Healely trannys?  The parts book gives no part number for it.

TIA
Keith Pennell