[Healeys] Source for nut

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 17:57:37 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/3/2007 7:49:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rchaskell at earthlink.net writes:

Normal threads are right-handed.  Reverse threads are left-handed.  MSC
(http://www.mscdirect.com) has left handed hex nuts - I didn't see castellated

Bob--

Oops--I meant to say left-handed (reverse-threaded).

I can find right-handed castellated but not left--I'm sure they were a common
item in the old days but I can't seem to find them now.  Also does anyone
have an opinion on the wisdom of using the adaptors that go over a conventional
nut and "transform" it into a castellated nut?  Looks a bit cheesy to me but I
have no experience with them.

Best--Michael