[Healeys] distibutor

Dave & M rusd at sitestar.net
Wed Aug 1 22:40:46 MDT 2007

Patrick,

The original 100-M distributor would have been marked DM2 & 40520. The
standard 100 distributor would have been marked DM2 & 40495.

The Pertronix replaces the points & condenser. It does not replace the
centrifugal advance mechanism & other innards.

The DM2 has a really poor centrifugal advance mechanism, not very
precise. With a little work the advance mechanism can be replaced with
  25D parts from a later distributor. The 25D has much more precise
centrifugal advance curve setting potential.

If you are uncomfortable doing such modifications, Jeff at Advanced
Distributors could do the conversion, supply missing parts,  & give
you a custom advance curve to what ever you desire.
http://www.advanceddistributors.com/

A distributor modified as above could be equipped with a Pertronix
unit. The only visible give away would be two small leads exiting the
distributor body instead of one lead.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2