[Fot] TR4 needle question update

David Gott triumphsix at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 17:23:29 MDT 2024

Found the smoking gun for the odd situation:  cam timing was off by A Lot.   Luckily Harbor Freight nearby had a dial indicator.   Cam is now timed correctly; car seems to run great after moving the crank 28 degrees.  :-).
Still wondering if anyone has a similar cam and a preferred needle; this cam is very close to the Kastner F cam but with a smidge more lift.  (But, I know: many variables).  I’ll see how the RG needle currently installed does in the am (WET).

Thanks again for the help;  on site and via email!   I fogure the end result is always good to know!!
Dave G

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone